Wesley Nurses are faith-based community nurses who care for the needs of the whole person: Mind, Body, and Spirit.
- Methodist Healthcare Ministries
The Wesley Nurse Program is an outreach of Methodist Health Ministries. The primary goal is to provide services to the under-served and uninsured members of the community.
Meet Our Wesley Nurse
What does a Wesley Nurse do?
The work of Angela Love, our Wesley Nurse, is varied:
- Community outreach events such as the Back-to-School Health Fair
- Partnering with Madison Elementary School’s Community Garden Program to provide health and nutrition education
- Connecting members of the community with services such as the San Antonio Food Bank
- Organizing blood drives, health screenings, and flu shot clinics at Laurel Heights
- Providing Health and Wellness education through Project Transformation
- Partnering with the Texas Diaper Bank to offer My Healthy Child classes